Rust Preventative Oil
4-128 fl. oz. (1 gal/3.8 L) Bottles
SDS (US English)
SDS (Canada English)
Rust Preventative Oil is an oil dispersed, non-staining rust preventative designed to deposit a light oily film which provides indoor protection on sheet steel and other ferrous parts. Rust Preventative Oil will neutralize fingerprints and provides excellent water displacing characteristics while preventing the formation of black stains when parts are stored in contact with each other.
Rust Preventative Oil is used as received and may be applied by brush, dip, or spray application at room temperature. Normally a single tank is adequate for dipping operations. However, if parts are extremely wet or dirty and where carryover is great, a two-tank system will produce the best results. Where water displacement is of primary importance, the dip tank should be equipped with a bottom drain for removing accumulated water. A false-bottom tank is desirable to prevent parts from being dipped through rust preventative into water layer below.
Aged films of Rust Preventative Oil are easily removed with alkaline cleaners, vapor degreasing, or wiping with mineral spirits.
• Low odor based solvent for worker health and safety
• Barium free
• Low residues for clean package and handling and post-machining processes
• Excellent for in-process rust protection
• Apply by brush, dip or spray
• Indoor protection on sheet steel or ferrous parts
• Neutralize fingerprints
• Displaces water
5 gal. (18.93 L) Pail
VCI-F Oil is a vapor phase corrosion inhibitor and flushing fluid, which should be used to protect internal tanks from corrosion, flush tanks to disperse debris and offer protection for the external surfaces of parts. It contains less than 15 ppm sulfur and is compatible with fuel, lubricating and hydraulic oils. VCI-F Oil contains a special low pour point synthetic ester contact inhibitor blend, which will not varnish, harden or react with cleaner residues left in systems. The volatile corrosion inhibitor blend will protect the head space in “closed systems” such as engines, transmissions, hydraulic tanks and cylinders, gear housings, fuel tanks and steel drums. The duration of the vapor phase protection provided depends on how well the tank is sealed. Protection for several years can be achieved if the tank is hermetically sealed or bagged with LDPE (>0.125mm thick) plastic and sealed. For incompletely sealed systems periodic endoscope inspection and possible re-application may be required.
• Certified CAT 1E 2359 CORROSION PREVENTATIVE VCI OIL
• VCI-F Oil is often used to protect sheet metal stampings, spare parts, etc. if sealed in >0.125mm LDPE bags.
• VCI-F Oil is distinguishable from conventional preservative oils as it gives both vapor phase and contact corrosion protection.
• VCI-F Oil is particularly effective in fuel tanks, hydraulic tanks, and ferrous components while in transit or in temporary storage. VCI-F Oil is designed to lift, displace and encapsulate adsorbed water and washer residue from the surface to protect the tank from corrosion and staining.